Église Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Conseil

The church of Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Conseil is located on the site of the former chapel of the Maison des Frères de Saint Vincent de Paul. The church was completed in 1898 and became a parish in 1948.

About this building

Key Features

  • Architecture

Visitors information

  • Bus stop within 100m
  • On street parking at the building
  • Café within 500m

Other nearby buildings

Church of the Sacré-Cœur

The church was designed by Paul Abadie in 1874. The interior of the nave was inaugurated in 1891. The entire façade was completed in 1914. The consecration was made official on 16 October 1919. The church was then erected as a minor basilica. The building was officially completed in 1923 with the completion of the interior decoration. Paul Abadie managed the site until his death in 1884. He was succeeded by several architects, including Lucien Magne.

Wikimedia Commons/Klaus Grünberg

Church of Saint-Vincent-de-Paul

The first stone was laid in 1824. The realization was entrusted to Jean-Baptiste Lepère and taken over in 1831 by his genus Jean-Ignace Hittorf. The work was slowed down by the Revolution of 1830 but the church was finally consecrated in 1844. The Chapel of the Virgin Mary was built between 1869 and 1870. It was Napoleon III who offered the sculpture of the Virgin Mary made by Carrier-Belleuse.