The church of Saint-Michel-des-Lions is a Gothic church, built between the 14th and 16th centuries, which owes its name to its four lion statues. Two of them guard the entrance, another one the interior of the church and the last one is the place of the Presidial which observes the church. Saint-Loup, bishop of Limoges, gave a chapel of Saint-Michel to the canons of Saint Martial around 630. Two fires in Limoges, in 1123 and 1147, destroyed the church. It was the monk Pierre de Verteuil who rebuilt it. The church was consecrated in 1213. But this new church collapsed and the foundation stone of a new church was laid in 1364. In 1552, the church was extended by an additional bay to the west, remarkable for its large windows. Work was carried out in the following centuries, particularly on the bell tower (1604, 1754, 1810, etc.).