The Kuusankoski church was designed by Armas Lindgren and was completed in 1929. The stained glass windows in the side windows were made by Antti Salmenlinna. The baptismal font in the baptismal chapel was designed by Gunnar Finne.
Pyhtää Church is a medieval stone church dating from the 1460s and is one of the best-preserved medieval churches in Finland. The church has original medieval vaults and wall paintings as well as wood carvings. The altarpiece was painted by Auguste Joseph Desarnod and was donated to the church in 1848.
The church of Valkeala was designed by Armas Lindgren and Bertel Liljeqvist and was consecrated in 1927. The present church of Valkeala is the fourth on the site. The first church in Valkeala was completed in 1631 and the second in 1674. The third church was consecrated in 1798 and was destroyed by fire in November 1920. The octagonal wooden bell tower of the church of Valkeala dates from 1782.