The connected island of Agios Ahillios is a site steeped in history. Indeed, in the 10th century, this islet was one of the centres of Bulgarian imperial power, at which time it preserves the massive ruins of the Basilica of St. Achilles. South of the site are still several other churches and monasteries.
The church of St. John the Theologian was built in 1861. During the uprising in Ilinden-Preobrazhenie in 1903, it was burnt down, and in 1921 it was rebuilt. The church is built as a three-nave basilica with a dome, the central nave is half-cylinder vaulted, and the side is covered with flat ceilings. There is a gallery inside on the west side, and on the east side, it ends with a polygonal apse on the outside. The temple is made of stone, and the arches and vaults are made of wood.
St. George's Church is the church of Kurbin Monastery, located above the village of Kurbinovo. The church was built in 1191, as can be seen from the inscription above the altar during the reign of Isaac II Angelos (1185-1195). The works of conservation of the architecture and frescoes were completed in 1958.