Hanila Church was built in the 1270s, but the west tower was not completed until 1859. The Baroque altar wall and pulpit of the Hanila church, which are presumably the work of Friedrich Weiss, date from 1709. The stained glass windows and the floor were restored by Illar Kannelmäe.
The Church of St. Nicholas, or simply the Church of Kirbla, was built around 1500, first mentioned in 1531. This church is one of the smallest in Estonia. Its construction follows the late Gothic tradition of Western Estonia.
The church of St. Martin dates back to the 16th century. In July 2005, the restoration of three layers of medieval paintings in the altar room of the church was completed. The church received a new tower bell in August 2011.