Karuse Church is a fortified church from the 13th century. In the 16th century, a tower was built next to the church. The chancel built by Christian Ackermann dates from 1697. The oldest gravestones in the church cemetery date back to the middle of the 13th century.
The church of Muhu was built in the early Gothic style, probably in the 13th century. The present church owes much to a reconstruction in 1738 after it was destroyed during the Great Northern War. Given the church's few narrow windows and other architectural features, it is assumed that the church was built for defence purposes.
The Church of St. Nicholas, or simply the Church of Kirbla, was built around 1500, first mentioned in 1531. This church is one of the smallest in Estonia. Its construction follows the late Gothic tradition of Western Estonia.