About this building
This mosque built in 1928 was formerly known as the Sylejman Pasha Mosque. It is listed as a culutral heritage site of Albania. Its frescoes on the interior also date from the 1920s.
Also known as the Izgurli Mosque, it was founded in the 16th century. The dome of the mosque is covered with lead coat, hence the nickname.
The mosque is located just outside the citadel within the Berat Castle. The basic dimensions were 9.9 to 9.1 meters and had a wooden roof. It was built with red bricks and limestone, hence the name.