Margaret ruins

The ruins of St Catherine belong to an old Dominican monastery founded by the Bishop of Veszprém in 1240.

About this building

The monastery was built not far from to the Sed River that crosses Veszprém, at the foot of the castle hill. After the arrival of the Turks and beginning of the Ottoman rule, the church and monastery building were destroyed. The only parts still visible today are the foundations and part of a wall of the church.

Other nearby buildings