The Synagogue in Szydłów was built between 1534 and 1564 as a fortress synagogue in the late Gothic style. During World War II the synagogue was repurposed as a weapons and food magazine. The building was used as a village cinema and library. The synagogue is now the seat of the Commune Culture Centre in Poland.
Kielce Cathedral is a Baroque church built in the 18th century on a former Romanesque church dating from the 12th century. The church did not become a cathedral until 1805. The church, its chapel from 1760 and the bell tower from the middle of the 17th century have been entered in the register of real estate monuments. The cathedral also contains many movable monuments inside such as altars, chalices and monstrances.
The church of St. Adalbert was founded in the 11th century as a wooden church. The present baroque building dates from 1763 and was extended in 1885. Inside the church there are three pictures painted in 1889 by the famous Polish painter Jan Styka (1858-1925).