The Abbey of Rouge-Cloître was built in 1366 as a hermitage. The priory was then built in 1374, on land granted by the duchess Jeanne de Brabant. In the 16th century, the monastery was one of the most prestigious in the Spanish Netherlands, Charles V often stayed there. However, at the end of the 16th century, during the Dutch revolt (from 1566), the priory was looted and the canons were forced to take refuge in Brussels until the end of the troubles. The monastery was definitively suppressed in 1796 with the suppression of the monasteries decreed by the French Directory.
The Sainte-Anne chapel is part of the Val Duchesse domain although it is older than the Prieuré de Val Duchesse. There is no written record of the date of construction of the Sainte-Anne chapel. It is thought that some parts of this simple Romanesque construction can be dated to the 11th century. The chapel became the property of the municipality in 1796 and has changed hands twelve times since 1812. From 1802 to 1843, it was promoted to the auxiliary parish church of Watermael, but became too small and was replaced by the Church of St. Anne. It was deconsecrated in 1854. It was restored around 1915 under the direction of Canon Lemaire, professor at the Catholic University of Louvain.
The priory of Val Duchesse was a convent of Dominican nuns from the 13th century. It was founded in 1262 by the Duchess Adelaide of Burgundy with the religious community of Val Duchesse. Closed by the revolutionary power in 1796, what remained of it passed into private hands in the 19th century before becoming the property of the Belgian State in 1930. Today, the priory and its grounds are often used for important national or international meetings and colloquia.