About this building
The church contains the only set of murals dating from the 13th century in Cyrpus. As many other painted churches in the Troodos region, it is a single-nave church with a pitched timber roof.
Experts think it could have been founded as a private chapel in 1280. Its foundation was possible thanks to the donation of Ioannis of Moutoullas and his wife. The couple is represented in one of murals, holding a model of the church.