The Cathedral of Gozo was built in local limestone between 1697 and 1711 according to the plans of the architect Lorenzo Gafa (1630-1704) on the ruins of an old church devastated by the earthquake of 1693. The Cathedral Church of Gozo is representative of Lorenzo Gafa's Maltese Baroque strongly inspired by Jesuit art or the early Baroque of Giacomo della Porta as expressed in the Church of the Gesù in Rome.
The Ta 'Pinu National Sanctuary is a Catholic religious building located in Għarb on the island of Gozo. Built in 1920, the sanctuary is a revered place of pilgrimage to Malta. It was erected in basilica in 1931.
The Parish Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary was built in 1883, a few decades after the reinstatement of Mellieħa as a parish.