Russian Orthodox Church of Lampernisse
The Russian Orthodox Church "Mother of God Parish, Consoler of the Afflicted" and its adjacent monastery were founded in the 1980s. The monastery is housed in a low house for agricultural workers, which is believed to have been built around 1903. In 1988, the small church was built by the architect Hugo Dezutter, allegedly on the model of a wooden church in Novgorod. The colourful roofs with the large hexagonal rider and the smaller onion-shaped tower make the church a real icon.