The Church of Our Lady of Good Help, in the centre of the city of Brussels, is a baroque religious building dating from the 17th century. On this site was a small chapel mentioned as early as the 12th century, which was replaced in the 13th century by a church dedicated to Santiago de Compostela. The reconstruction of the church in the 17th century corresponds to the discovery of a statue of the Virgin Mary at this location, which quickly became an object of veneration and gave the church its present name.
The church of Notre-Dame aux Riches Claires is a baroque style church built in 1665 by the Malinois architect Lucas Faydherbe.In 1796, following the French Revolution, the Poor Clares were expelled from their convent to which the church was attached. The church became a military store and the other buildings of the monastery were sold in 1805 as a national property. Later in the century, the streets "Saint-Christophe" and "des Riches-Claires" were traced through the property of the monastery. The church escaped destruction and regained its character as a place of worship in 1806.
This tower is the last remnant of St. Catherine's Church which preceded the present church. The former Church of St. Catherine was a Gothic church built in the 14th and 15th centuries. The church was later enlarged by a choir in the 17th century. In the same century, from 1629 to 1664, the baroque bell tower was built. The bell tower was restored between 1913 and 1930.