The Great Synagogue of Bayreuth is an Ashkenazi synagogue completed in 1759. The synagogue was restored in 1964-65 and 2012. Decommissioned during the Second World War, this baroque stone synagogue was reactivated after the war.
The Fortified Church of the Holy Spirit, founded in the 11th and 12th centuries, is one of the best preserved and oldest fortified churches in Germany. The current building dates back to the middle of the 15th century and was built with the fortifications in response to the Hussite riots (1419-1436) in neighbouring Bohemia. The vast walled area includes the cemetery and the present sacristan house, and would have had a wall-walk.
The Synagogue in Altenkunstadt was completed in 1726, restored between 1989 and 1993. In use until 1938, this stone synagogue still serves as a museum.