The (GAH) Synagogue in Suceava was founded in 1870 by the Gmilut Hasadim society. The synagogue was rebuilt many times: in 1910, in 1929, in 1975 and in 1983 (Streja A., and Schwarz L., "The Synagogue in Romania", The Hasefer Publishing House, 2009, 116-117). The modern building, disproportionate and asymmetrical, appeared as a result of numerous renovations. However, three large windows of the prayer hall and smoll windows of the women's gallery on the second floor on the south façade clearly indicate the nature of the building. The women's gallery is located on the second floor and is now on both sides of the prayer hall: on the west and on the north.
Not far from Suceava, Stephen the Great founded in 1487 the only monastery of nuns at that time. The monastery did not survive the unfavourable times, remaining most of the time deserted. Today Patrauti church is consacrated to the Holy Cross and imposes itself due to its perfect harmony of proportions and stylished shapes.
Dragomirna Monastery is a fortified monastic complex in Romania, built between 1602-1609. The church of the "Descent of the Holy Spirit", within the monastery, has valuable frescoes.