The Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ is the Albanian Orthodox Cathedral in Tirana. The original building was built in 1865 on the present Scanderbeg Square and was closed for worship in 1967, during the communist period. During these years, the old cathedral was completely destroyed by the communist regime and the Hotel International Tirana was built in its place. In 2012, after about ten years of work, the new cathedral was completed. It is the third-largest Orthodox church in Europe.
The construction of this mosque began during the late 18th century by Molla Bey and was completed by his son Haxhi Ethem Bey in 1821.
The Tanners' Mosque dates back to the 18th century. From 1967, after Albania was declared an atheist state by the communist government of Enver Hoxha, the Mosque was closed. It reopened in 1990.