The present cathedral of St. James in Görlitz was built between 1898 and 1900 according to plans by the architect Joseph Ebers and consecrated on 6 October 1900. In March 1947, the then German chapter vicar Ferdinand Piontek had to leave the episcopal city of Wroclaw as a result of the Second World War. Görlitz thus became the seat in exile of the Wroclaw Metropolitan Chapter and the Wroclaw Ordinariate, and the parish church of St. James additionally became the episcopal church for the diocesan area of Görlitz-Cottbus.
The Taucherkirche is one of the seven historic church buildings in Bautzen. Construction of the new Taucherkirche began in 1598 and the building was solemnly consecrated in 1599. However, the roof burned down completely during the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648) and had to be restored in 1628. In the 18th and 19th centuries, several important reconstructions took place; in 1899, the hospital was demolished after more than 200 years of existence. During the coalition wars, the church itself had been used as a military hospital. The first fundamental renovation of the church took place from 1917 to 1926.
The Maria-und-Martha-Kirche was first mentioned in 1359 in what is now Steinstraße. In 1382, its name appears in connection with a Maria-Martha hospital. The hospital and the church were destroyed by fire several times, in 1488, 1620 and 1686. During the strong growth of the city towards the east from about 1870, the old church was demolished and it was decided to build a new one. Between 1888 and 1891, the new Maria-und-Martha-Kirche was built as a catechism and garrison church in neo-Gothic style according to the plans of the Dresden architect Christian Schramm.