Eben Haëzerkerk
Goudswaard, NL
The history of the Reformed Church in Goudswaard goes back to around 1912, when a few people met in the Christian school to read a sermon together on Sunday. From May 1913, they met in the attic of a house. In 1928, a church building was built at Molendijk 84. It was put into use on 13 December 1928. The number of seats was around 200. In 1935, a pipe organ was installed in the church building. When the Germans flooded a considerable part of the Hoeksche Waard in 1944, the church building also filled up. In 1945, the church building was occupied again, but the organ had to be replaced due to the large amount of moisture. In 1960, the organ was restored and expanded. In 1967, the church building was extended by a few metres and provided with a meeting room. The consistory room was also renovated and the organ was placed above the new pulpit. This creates space for approximately 30 seats on the gallery. On 16 June 1967, the church building is put back into use. In 1986, the meeting room is demolished and a new, larger one is built. In 1996, the interior is renovated, bringing the number of seats to 220.