About this building
The Church of the Holy Trinity is a medieval Byzantine church and one of the cultural monuments that make up the historic centres of Berat and Gjirokastra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The church is believed to have been built in the 13th or 14th century.
The mosque is located just outside the citadel within the Berat Castle. The basic dimensions were 9.9 to 9.1 meters and had a wooden roof. It was built with red bricks and limestone, hence the name.
This mosque built in 1928 was formerly known as the Sylejman Pasha Mosque. It is listed as a culutral heritage site of Albania. Its frescoes on the interior also date from the 1920s.