The Choral Ohel Yaakov Synagogue in Kaunas was built in 1872, but its fence dates from 1893. The synagogue, of Neo-Renaissance and Neo-Moorish styles, was built for Progressive Jews by architects Iustin N. Golinevich and Edmund von Mikwitz. The brick building is still used as a synagogue.
The Hasidic Kloyz in Kaunas is a Hasidic synagogue built in 1880. The kloyz has an irregularly T-shaped ground plan. Its basement is situated on the southern side. Its eastern part contained the prayer hall lit by twelve windows, while the wider two-storey western part contained a vestibule and the women’s section. The structure is built of red brick, plastered, and covered with a gable roof of asbestos sheets. The irregular ground plan was determined by the form of the plot, situated at the intersection of two streets. The Neo-Renaissance brick building is now an educational institution.
The Neviazh Kloyz is a former synagogue built in 1850 out of brick, plaster and tiles. Now disused, the historicist style building was restored and adapted as a conference room between 2003 and 2005.