Lambertuskerk
Kerk Avezaath, NL
The Gothic choir of the current church dates from the sixteenth century, the bottom of the tower from the fourteenth century. Initially, the church fell under the authority of the abbess of Thorn. In 1619, the church came into the hands of the Reformation and Lambertus Latonus was appointed as the first minister. Around 1640, the tower was raised, the nave enlarged and raised. The earliest known image of the church is a drawing by C. Pronk from 1732. The nave was demolished in 1861 and completely rebuilt to a design by architect J. van der Toom. In the seventeenth century, a school was established at the bottom of the tower.