Porvoo Cathedral is a 15th-century Gothic church. It is believed that the church was built by the "Master of Pernå", a church builder, probably of German origin, who worked in Finland from the 1430s to the 1460s. The church became a cathedral in 1723 when the diocese of Vyborg was transferred to Porvoo.
Pyhtää Church is a medieval stone church dating from the 1460s and is one of the best-preserved medieval churches in Finland. The church has original medieval vaults and wall paintings as well as wood carvings. The altarpiece was painted by Auguste Joseph Desarnod and was donated to the church in 1848.
Elimäki Church is a rectangular wooden church originally built in 1638 but enlarged in 1678 to become a church with a cross plan. Elimäki Church is the oldest wooden church in Finland. The bell tower was built between 1795 and 1797 and repaired in 1842.