The Virolahti sacristy is a medieval stone sacristy that was built between 1500 and 1530 next to the wooden church of the time. The intention was to build an entire stone church later, but for financial and other reasons this did not materialise. The wooden church attached to the sacristy was demolished in the 17th century and replaced by a new one. This new wooden church was itself demolished in 1847 after an auction.
Pyhtää Church is a medieval stone church dating from the 1460s and is one of the best-preserved medieval churches in Finland. The church has original medieval vaults and wall paintings as well as wood carvings. The altarpiece was painted by Auguste Joseph Desarnod and was donated to the church in 1848.
Elimäki Church is a rectangular wooden church originally built in 1638 but enlarged in 1678 to become a church with a cross plan. Elimäki Church is the oldest wooden church in Finland. The bell tower was built between 1795 and 1797 and repaired in 1842.