The church of Juuru dates back to the 13th century. The congregation of Juuru considers the year 1238 as the date of birth of its church and the foundation of the congregation, which is celebrated every year in September on St. Michael's Day. Originally a stone building without a tower, the present appearance of the church owes much to its last complete reconstruction in 1893-1895.
St. Mary's Church was probably built in the 14th century and served as a fortress for a long time. In 1686 the church was renovated and in 1871 the church tower was built to its present height. In 1941, during the battles of Märjamaa, the church was completely destroyed. In 1959 the church was restored and reopened.
St. Nicholas' Church is a fortified church, once a wooden church which was one of the oldest of its kind in Estonia, built shortly after the Danish conquest of Lindanis (Tallinn) around 1230. The stone church was completed by 1370 at the latest. Only the walls of the original church have survived. The present appearance of the church owes much to the extensive reconstructions carried out between 1856 and 1858.