Juuru Church

The church of Juuru dates back to the 13th century. The congregation of Juuru considers the year 1238 as the date of birth of its church and the foundation of the congregation, which is celebrated every year in September on St. Michael's Day. Originally a stone building without a tower, the present appearance of the church owes much to its last complete reconstruction in 1893-1895.

About this building

Key Features

  • Architecture

Visitors information

  • Bus stop within 100m

Other nearby buildings

Wikimedia Commons/Iifar

St. Peter's Church

St. Peter's Church is a wooden church that was completed in 1854. Its tower was built later, in 1887, when wood shingles were added to the roof. In 1996, the church received its present name and became the auxiliary church of the church of Rapla. The church has an organ built in 1914 by the organ master August Terkmann.

Wikimedia Commons/Ivar Leidus

St. Nicholas' Church

St. Nicholas' Church is a fortified church, once a wooden church which was one of the oldest of its kind in Estonia, built shortly after the Danish conquest of Lindanis (Tallinn) around 1230. The stone church was completed by 1370 at the latest. Only the walls of the original church have survived. The present appearance of the church owes much to the extensive reconstructions carried out between 1856 and 1858.

Wikimedia Commons/TriinuR

St. Mary's Church

St. Mary's Church was probably built in the 14th century and served as a fortress for a long time. In 1686 the church was renovated and in 1871 the church tower was built to its present height. In 1941, during the battles of Märjamaa, the church was completely destroyed. In 1959 the church was restored and reopened.