
Church of Saint-Aubin
Toulouse, FR
Designed according to the plans of the architect Auguste Delort, the church was built on the site of a former vast cemetery common to the parishes of Saint-Etienne, Saint-Sernin, Notre-Dame-du-Taur and Saint-Michel, which was in use from 1780 to 1840, before being disused in favour of that of Terre-Cabade. Faced with the impatience of the inhabitants of the district, a first parish service was established as early as 1849 following the completion of the first crypts. Due to a lack of financial means, the work progressed chaotically. Seven years later, despite its official opening for worship, the church is far from being completed. Even today, its bell tower and vaults have still not been completed.