The Church of the Resurrection was established in 1940 but was not consecrated until 2004 due to the Soviet occupation of the country (1940-1990). The avant-garde design of the church, in the New Objectivist style, dates from the 1920s, and the monumental proportions of the church were intended to celebrate the newly gained independence (1922).
The Choral Synagogue is the only Synagogue still functioning in Kaunas. Dating from the 18th century, the present building was built later in 1872-73 under the impulse of Levinas Minkovskis, a Kaunas merchant. The synagogue is called 'Choir' because the rituals it hosts are accompanied by singing.
The Choral Ohel Yaakov Synagogue in Kaunas was built in 1872, but its fence dates from 1893. The synagogue, of Neo-Renaissance and Neo-Moorish styles, was built for Progressive Jews by architects Iustin N. Golinevich and Edmund von Mikwitz. The brick building is still used as a synagogue.