Explore Religious Heritage Across Europe

Here you can search for a building to visit. You can use the map find destinations, or you can use the filters to search for a building based upon what different criteria.

213
174
79
47
226
80
11
140
52
87
83
94
80
54
12
214
149
15
70
32
18
11
34
7
3

Refine search

Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland

Opheusden, NL

Colossal "Refodome", expanded in stages. Originally built as a simple hall church in 1951. On Friday 9 March 1951 the church building was put into use. The church building contained 850 seats. Was until 1956 Reformed Congregations (synodal). Since 1956 in use by Reformed Congregations in the Netherlands .

Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland

Groot-Ammers, NL

Church hall without tower. Saturday, November 4, 1961, the new church building can be taken into use by the Reformed Church in the Netherlands (Groot-Ammers) . This building is located approximately 100 meters from the old church building. The church building is built in bungalow style and contains around 180 seats. It is a happy day for the congregation on April 17, 2007 when the completely renovated and expanded church building can be taken into use. The church building was expanded with 80 seats, bringing the total to 225.

Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland

Sint Annaland, NL

On 30 June 1967, the oldest member of the church council, elder David Hage, laid the foundation stone for a new church building. Construction progressed smoothly, so that the first reading service could be held on Sunday 11 February 1968. A few weeks later, a new pulpit was installed, which had been made by students of the technical school. On 7 April 1968, the pulpit was put into use. Until then, the congregation had sung during the services under the direction of a precentor. In 1973, an organ was installed in the church. The organ had been donated by the Monster family. On 30 April 1975, the organ was put into use. In 1992, the organ was thoroughly renovated and expanded by the Nijsse company.

Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland

Sprang-Capelle, NL

In 1954, a wooden church from Stadbroek, now a district of Sittard in Limburg, was purchased. The building was built there as a Roman Catholic emergency church in 1921. The construction in Sprang-Capelle was carried out by the construction company AJ Spuijbroek from Besoijen. The roof turret was not replaced. In 1978, a renovation followed, during which a brick outer shell was applied and a turret was placed.

Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland

s-Gravendeel, NL

Characteristic hall church without tower. Built as a Reformed Church. The construction of this church cost ƒ 4,830.54. In 1979, the Reformed Church community took the newly built Ontmoetingskerk into use. In the last service of the Reformed Church in this building, the emeritus minister, ds. Visser, presided. After the amen, he said, while closing the pulpit Bible: "We are leaving the old church, but we are taking God's Word with us." He then walked down the pulpit with the pulpit Bible under his arm. The building on Rijkestraat was transferred to the Reformed Church in the Netherlands in 1979. Before that, they had worshipped in the building on Rijkestraat 54 , but that had become too small.

Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland

Hedel, NL

After the church council decided at the end of 1990 to buy an existing building of the Dutch Reformed Church in Hedel with 125 seats, on May 30, 1991, Rev. W. Verhoeks already presides in the Rehoboth building on Prins Bernhardstraat. In this service he administers the sacrament of Holy Baptism and takes Public Confession. In De Wachter Sions of October 31, 1991, it is reported that the congregation has moved to Prins Bernhardstraat 14

Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland

Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland

Alblasserdam, NL

The Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland (Reformed Church in the Netherlands) was first built in 1928. However, this building was destroyed during the Second World War. It was rebuilt in 1948 and expanded for the last time in 2003.

Gereformeerde Gemeente in Nederland

Sint Maartensdijk, NL

Hall church without tower. It was in March 1933 that some people asked Krijn van Gorsel if they could come to the sermon reading on Sunday, which he did at home in his house. At a certain point the house became too small to accommodate the growing number of people who attended the reading services. On special days such as prayer and thanksgiving days, Van Gorsel attended the church services in the Old Reformed Church in the Netherlands in Stavenisse. There he was asked if he would possibly make himself available as a candidate for the church council. After careful consideration, Van Gorsel informed the church council that he would not withdraw if it came to that. On June 17, 1936, Van Gorsel was elected to the office of elder. He was confirmed in Stavenisse by Reverend Fraanje. Van Gorsel had asked the church council of Stavenisse if he could look for a place of opportunity to build a building so that he could then publicly perform in his hometown of Sint Maartensdijk. The brothers Marinus and Jan van Gorsel Gzn, were willing to sell land and a barn for this purpose. On the last of July 1936, the purchased was delivered. After that, the church building was allocated, on August 7, 1936, and awarded by Van Gorsel. On September 9, the first stone was laid by Van Gorsel.

Be inspired

BESbswy