Heilige Remigius
Lithoijen, NL
The oldest parish church was in the Sluisstraat in the Groenewoud. That is also the oldest part of Lithoijen. After the Reformation, the Catholics had to hold their services in a barn church. That stood where the cemetery is now, just outside the village. In 1842, the barn church was replaced by a Waterstaat church. After half a century, this was in such poor condition that architect C. Franssen was commissioned to design a new church. This church, the current Remigius church, was consecrated on 5 August 1901. In the church, the Mignon unit organ by the Verschueren company from 1968 was replaced by a new organ by the Klop company. The new organ was put into use on Saturday 14 May 2005. The old organ has been sold.