Trinity Church, opened in 1888, replaced the only 52-year-old Grosch church on the site. The church bears many similarities to the Church of St. Gertrude by German architect Johannes Otzen in Hamburg. Like the exterior, the interior is in neo-gothic style and is very detailed. The galleries in the transverse vessels are supported by pillars with masonry arches and are slightly extended to create a balcony effect.
The Trinity Church is a Protestant church in Görlitz. It was built between 1234 and 1245 as a church of the Franciscan monastery on the present Obermarkt. In 1564, the monastery was transformed into a school and in 1712 it became a parish church.
The Church of the Trinity is located where a chapel was built in 1313. During the siege of the city by the troops of Louis XIV in 1684, the church and the 17th-century monastery surrounding it were destroyed. From 1737 to 1745, a new church was built on exactly the same spot and was the first large Baroque building in the town. Affected by the French Revolution, the church was transformed into a fodder store and as a theatre. Since 1817, it has been used for Protestant services.
The first mention of a church in Mykulychiyn dates from 1700. The building was destroyed by a storm in 1760. The construction of the current wooden church started in 1866 and finished in 1868. The building took so long due to disagreements between locals. The stones used for the foundation of the fence came from the Prut river. Every household was asked to build three meters of the stone fence or pay builders to do the work for them. The building was heavily damaged after a flood in 1911. Repairs were carried out during the following year. During the reconstruction, the church was also facilitated with a tin roof and a bell tower. Some of the bells were stolen during the Second World War. Today there are five bells in the tower.
The Trinity Church in Oslo is a monumental church of 1858, erected in red brick according to the drawings of the German architect Alexis de Chateauneuf (1799 - 1853). The Trinity Church is considered to be a major work of 19th-century European scrupulous architecture. Inside, the altarpiece with the "Baptism of Jesus" by Adolf Tideman, is one of the most copied altarpieces in Norway.
Trinity College Chapel dates from the mid 16th century. The chapel was begun in 1554-55 by order of Queen Mary and was completed in 1567 by Elizabeth I. The architectural style is Tudor Gothic, with perpendicular lines and pinnacles. The chapel is famous for its choir, composed of about thirty choral students and two organ students, all graduates of the College. In addition to singing the liturgy in the chapel, the choir has an extensive programme of performances and recordings.
The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is the first purely Baroque building in Slovakia. It was part of a group of university buildings. The donor of the church, the Palatine Nicholas Esterházy, entrusted the construction of the church to the Italian master Antonio and Pietro Spazzi in 1629. The church, still unfinished, was consecrated in 1637.
The construction of Trogir Cathedral began in 1213 on the foundations of an old Christian cathedral destroyed by the Saracens in 1123. Its construction lasted until the 16th century with the completion of the bell tower. The building has a wide variety of styles, from Romanesque to Baroque, and has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1997.
Troia Cathedral is a Latin cross building built between 1093 and 1125. The building, of undeniable architectural interest, is dedicated to the Virgin Mary assumed into heaven and is built in the Pugliese Romanesque style. The church was built on the basis of a pre-existing Byzantine building and with reused materials from the ancient Roman town. In the 13th century the presbytery was first completed by the construction of the cross vault of the choir and then the rose windows on the main façade were built.
For more information visit on this building visit https://kirkesok.no/kirke/190200901
Religiana, a project by Future for Religious Heritage, presents a catalogue of beatiful and inspiring buildings, helping you experience Europe's history, today!
Click here to add your building to the Religiana catalogue
St. Martin's Church, Landshut