The Holy Cross Church is a wooden Orthodox church that was built around 1766. In 1942 a fire broke out in the temple. In 1943, the church was rebuilt from a dismantled Jewish synagogue that had been transported from Antopal. In 1948 the temple was closed down and the building was used as a warehouse. In 1952, the church building was handed over to the village community centre. In September 1989, the building was returned to its followers.
Belarus, a land of plains and forests, has hundreds of beautiful wooden churches. These vernacular monuments of different sizes, shapes and colours inherit the rich sacred architecture of Orthodox and Greek-Catholic origin.
St. Nicholas Miracle Worker's Church is an Orthodox church built in 1870. The church was erected in the style of the national buildings in yellow painted wood, with a cross plan. In front of the entrance of the church, there is a porch supported by six columns, on which a patron saint icon is hung.
The Orthodox Church of St. George is located in the far north of Belarus, in a town on the shores of the Braslaw lakes. The church was built at the beginning of the 20th century, possibly at the end of the 1880s. It is a monument of Art Nouveau architecture. It is built according to the canon of the synodal church.
The Church of St. Nicholas is an Orthodox church and a monument of Belarusian vernacular architecture. The first mention of the church dates back to 1682, but in 1738, on the occasion of a fire, a new, medium-sized, wooden building without a dome, with an iron cross on the roof, was erected. After another fire, the church had to be rebuilt in 1771. In 1839 the church, which was then a Uniate (Greek Catholic) church, was converted to Orthodoxy.
St. Nicholas' Church is located in southern Belarus, close to the Pripyat River. It is a wooden Orthodox church built from 1818. The church has a central pyramidal composition and consists of five log cabins arranged in a cross plan, with a bell tower above the entrance. A belfry stands separate from the church.
St. Michael's Church in the town of Slutsk, in the centre of Belarus, is a monumental wooden church from the second half of the 18th century, which combines elements of Baroque and late Classicism. Destroyed by French troops in 1812, it had to be rebuilt. At the end of the 19th century, a bell tower was added to the east side.
St. Elijah's Church is an Orthodox church still in use, built of wood in 1893. In the early 1930s, the temple was closed and reopened during the Second World War. In 1960 the church was closed and gradually the building fell into disrepair to the point where one of the domes collapsed. At the end of 2003, the foundations of the new temple were laid.
The Church of the Holy Exaltation of the Holy Cross is an Orthodox church that was built in 1764 as a Uniate (Greek-Catholic) church. After the conversion of the Uniates to Orthodoxy, the church was rebuilt in 1879 in the Russian style. The apse is separated from the prayer hall by a wooden iconostasis created in the 1870s. Next to the church, there is a wooden bell tower built in the 1840s - a central four-pillar vernacular structure covered with a sloping tented roof.
The Orthodox Church of the Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary is located in eastern Belarus, a few kilometres from Mogilev. Built in 1820, this monument of vernacular architecture has features of classicism. The cross-shaped church is surmounted by a dome. A square vestibule is attached to it by a short nave.
The Church of the Intercession is a wooden Orthodox church built in 1739, partially rebuilt in the 19th century. It is a monument of vernacular architecture with Baroque features. The church has a rich palette of colours, the blue walls are combined with a silver roof and golden crosses, not forgetting the colourful stained glass windows in the apse.